Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position.
We are looking for a UX Engineer to join our technology team at Think Company.
The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable translating designs into accessible, stateful, component-based code, able to discern when to pull from an existing code pattern library versus create new. An in-depth understanding of the modern web development stack — from npm modules to code bundling and from RESTful APIs to browser rendering — is crucial. You should also be comfortable coding to established standards/conventions, working with code versioning systems, and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Nice-to-haves include experience with design systems, writing test-driven code, experience working in an Agile Scrum environment, and familiarity with container-based virtualization on AWS. (Don't let these scare you off if you haven't done them before!)
No matter your technical and teamwork qualifications, we're looking for someone who happily contributes to documentation, demonstrates attention to detail, has strong communication skills, and aligns with Think Company's core values.
- Be a development contributor for your project, fostering understanding with your internal team but also keeping the technical project lead up to date.
- Work with client and vendor teams to understand their methodologies and workflows to better execute on the client’s goals in context of the project.
- Build code pattern libraries, responsive page templates, and single-page web applications from annotated visual designs.
- Execute and encourage development standards and best practices among the team.
- Be an advocate of technology and understand current trends, while also being knowledgeable of future trends.
- Work closely with visual and UX designers, understanding creative vision and advising on accessible components, technical feasibility and best practices for optimal user experience.
- Be an empathetic team member to other Think Company and client developers as they work towards mastery of software development.
- A working knowledge of the modern web ecosystem, from the front-end as well as the back-end and how all of these technologies work together to make a website or application.
- Possesses a keen ability to craft clear solutions in the face of complex problems.
- Experience adhering to and contributing to technical documentation for testing and development.
- The ability to work with many groups within a large organization and understand the key players.
- Knowing when to call out setbacks as risks for a successful delivery.
- Have experience developing with content management systems.
- Understand the intricacies of a well-formatted HTML document and CSS.
- Understand how to use current front-end build tools (e.g. Webpack).
- Experience building and debugging code in a team environment.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our own organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us and DO NOT have permission to contact people on our behalf.