Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position.
Think Company is looking for a Product Designer to join our team. As a member of this team, you should be well-versed in many aspects of experience design, and will help to create elegant solutions for our client’s cutting-edge digital product lines, transforming ideas into a concrete UI with a polished aesthetic, prizing clarity of communication over visual flourish. Our designers contribute to projects that span a wide array of industries and settings from studio-based projects for organizations in growth mode to onsite teams helping Fortune 50 companies replatform.
If you love solving problems through an intensely collaborative design process with both clients and colleagues—and can communicate those ideas clearly—you may be our ideal candidate. In applying for this job, you should have a strong grounding in foundational interaction design principles, portfolio pieces demonstrating your ability to design for complex systems, and an innate interest in shaping our connected world.
We are not looking for experts in industrial product design as we are working within the digital product space.
Traits you bring:
- An eagerness and proven ability to design useful experiences developed through 1-3 years of professional experience
- Evidence that you can design within, extend, and maintain a coherent digital product design system
- Attention to design details with a focus on efficiency
- A commitment to working as part of a collaborative team of designers, researchers, and content strategists that rely on a rigorous evidence-based design process
- Ability to communicate your design ideas and process clearly
- Proficiency with tools and applications that support UI design and prototype creation
- An understanding of front-end development and technology
- An understanding of designing for accessibility and a desire to build these skills
- Comfort establishing and maintaining relationships with co-workers and clients
- Client consulting skills including the ability to present and defend ideas, formulate a case for an initiative, and build trust as an advisor over time
What you’d do:
- Contribute to the creation of beautiful, usable, animated interactive prototypes (using tools like Invision, Figma, Sketch, etc.) to communicate solutions to complex product design challenges
- Build upon scalable and comprehensive design systems for projects
- Work closely with development teams to ensure ideas can be brought to life
- Help define problems and solve them using an evidence-based rationale
- Assist in the synthesis of research findings to develop a coherent project strategy
- Collaborate closely with your project teams and clients to create compelling design solutions for complex products or systems
- Think through UX challenges and create UI solutions that stand up to rigorous testing
- Serve as a valued consultant for our clients, working directly with stakeholders
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user interface and experience design
- Working knowledge of basic UX design and research principles and activities including user research methods, comparative/competitive analysis, persona creation, etc.
- Experience designing for complex systems or applications on multiple platforms, including mobile
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our own organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, incomes, marital statuses, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran statuses.