Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us and DO NOT have permission to contact candidates on our behalf.
If you’re a senior web developer based in the Philadelphia area and are interested in working for an award-winning design consultancy, please read on! If you're from outside the Philadelphia area, relocation assistance is available.
Senior developers are responsible for guiding our clients by playing a leading role on technical discovery, strategy, platform selection, and execution phases of our projects. You will work with our clients to assess their current technical state and recommend solutions that empower them to succeed in their goals. You will also lead and coach developers through projects, bringing it to success. Your in-person presence in our client's Center City office will be critical to translating their complex business requirements into clear technical objectives.
Who You Are
You are a senior developer or technology consultant who is just as comfortable writing code as you are socializing the problem and solution your code solves. You’re looking to play a key role in your project’s technology strategy and not just the execution. A part of you loves solving problems and working with technology, while the other half excels in helping others with their technical strategy.
- Be a technical project lead with the ability to work and speak with senior-level individuals at client organizations, even when you don’t know everyone in the room.
- Be a key development strategist for your project, fostering understanding with your internal team but also keeping the client up to date.
- Work with client and vendor teams to understand their methodologies and workflows to better execute on the client’s goals in context of the project.
- Generate code pattern libraries, responsive page templates, and single-page web applications from annotated visual designs
- Be an advocate of technology and understand current trends, while also being knowledgeable of future trends.
- Be an empathetic mentor to other Think Company and client developers as they work towards mastery of software development in an enterprise environment.
- Be a thought leader in development, often researching and knowing the latest development trends and methodologies and socializing them with the team.
- Understand the modern web, from the front end as well as the back end and how all of these technologies work together to make a website or application.
- Possess a keen ability to craft clear solutions in the face of complex problems.
- Experience writing project requirements and technical documentation for testing and development.
- The ability to work with many groups within a large organization and understand the key players.
- Knowing when to call out setbacks as risks for a successful delivery.
- Have experience with or be open to learning ASP.NET, Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Have experience developing with content management systems
- Understand the intricacies of a well formatted HTML document and CSS.
- Understand how to use current front-end build tools such as Gulp, WebPack, or Browserify.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, let's talk! Please submit: a cover letter introducing yourself, your resume, and a link to your personal web site and/or at least three URLs showcasing your front-end code.
Position details: Full-time (40 hours/week), permanent employment with Think Company. Must be open to working onsite with our clients in the Philadelphia area.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits: health, dental, life, disability, 401(k), individual training budgets, etc.
- Flexible PTO plan, plus two PTO days to volunteer for the cause of your choice
- Hosts to meet-ups like UX Book Club, sponsors of events like Philly Tech Week, and regular company social events
- Awesome teammates who are committed to growing skills and sharing knowledge
- Inspiring, creative workspaces in downtown Conshohocken, PA and Center City Philadelphia; both with easy access to public transportation and walking distance to great restaurants
- Relocation assistance available
About Think Company
Think Company is an experience design consultancy that provides research, user experience design, and software development services to Fortune 500 clients in a wide range of industries. Think Company has been named one of the Best Places to Work by the Philadelphia Business Journal for three years in a row.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our own organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, incomes, marital statuses, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran statuses.