Content Strategy Lead
- Full Time
- Design - USA
Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
We are looking for a Content Strategy Lead to join our team at Think Company.
Our Content Design Leads serve on project teams by leading the creation of content strategy, design, and UX deliverables, designing and facilitating Think Sessions, and overseeing content activities.
You should have experience leading major user experience design and content strategy initiatives, being the client’s primary point of contact, and partnering with multi-disciplinary internal teams. If you can communicate your ideas clearly and enjoy solving problems through an intensely collaborative process with clients and colleagues, you may be our ideal candidate.
In addition, you should think structurally about content and always have the user’s best interests at heart. You love research and basing your content strategy decisions on real needs expressed by real human beings. Understanding those needs equips you to create systems using the right content in the right format (text, video, photography, infographic, etc) for clients. You’re skilled at crafting step-by-step processes by which that content can be re-organized, rewritten, and restructured to better suit user needs. You understand that in order for this vision to succeed, you must consider the human processes by which that content will be created and maintained and can map out an approach to make that happen.
We are not looking for experts in social media, marketing, PR, or copywriting. While these are all difficult subjects to master, they do not fully align with the challenges our clients are generally partnering with us to tackle within the digital product space. We are looking for individuals that can demonstrate experience in content strategy efforts that closely align to UX design.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Lead and participate in creative brainstorming sessions with clients and internal project teams
- Establish goals and success metrics with clients and internal project teams to ensure alignment across the team
- Design solutions that incorporate modern practices in content design, usability, and accessibility, with a strong emphasis on complex web products
- Lead content discovery activities including discussions and interviews with clients, subject matter experts, and users
- Conduct needs analyses by synthesizing client discussions, system assessments, content audits, and user research
- Lead team members through content strategy efforts, delegating or owning tasks as appropriate and aligning the team on project direction
- Support or create intuitive and compelling deliverables to address content issues at hand, including:
- Content inventories and audits
- Content strategy and recommendations documentation
- Content models
- Voice and tone definition and documentation
- Content governance guidelines
- Content migration maps
- Construct compelling narratives for product owner presentations that showcase new products and features to targeted audiences
- Build consensus among stakeholders, designers, content strategists, and developers
- Support team members’ professional development goals by finding opportunities for them to develop those skills on the project, when possible
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in content strategy and experience design
Requirements & Preferences
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in UX content strategy or content design
- Experience leading UX design and content strategy projects and teams
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proven ability to drive project work streams and deliverables with little to no oversight
- Exceptional client relationship and consulting skills
- Working knowledge of tools and applications that support UX and content deliverables, such as Airtable, Miro, Mural, Figma, and Sketch
- Familiarity with designing for accessibility
- Experience with healthcare marketplaces is a plus
Who we are
Think Company defines and solves business problems for companies across a wide range of industries, from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed, involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our employees—Thinkers—present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and use evidence to make recommendations. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. See examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.