- Full Time
- PMO - USA
Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
Think Company is looking for a Manager for our Project Management Office (PMO) to support our growing team–come and think with us!
Think Company’s PMO Philosophy: Think Company’s PMO is a team of consultants who enable and execute great work in the most thoughtful way possible. We believe in delivering value over scope, empowering our teams to do their best work, and embracing change. We are passionate about transforming ideas into results as we constantly negotiate, organize, and understand the ever-changing landscape of the design and technology space.
A Manager in our PMO is entrusted with the care of a team of talented project and program managers/consultants–part of an overall team of 16 people. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable mentoring and coaching people to help them grow as both project managers and consultants. The ideal candidate has experience cultivating a healthy team by hiring the right people, creating community and belonging, advocating for needs, providing project support, enabling personal growth, and holding their team members accountable. In doing so, enabling our teams deliver high quality work that aligns with our strategic vision and meets our client’s needs. We’re looking for someone who’s able to continuously improve our standards, practices, and delivery outcomes, and who understands the tools, frameworks and processes used to consult in the service, product, and technical space.
- Live our Core Values and encourage others to do the same
- Provide consistent, valuable feedback to direct reports (up to 6), maintaining high performance and morale; ensure direct reports keep current with trends and advancements in the industry
- Exhibit a level of expertise within own discipline domain to provide meaningful guidance and mentorship on deliverables and interactions with clients and peers
- Conduct regular performance management duties; performance reviews, career pathing, goal setting, performance improvement issue escalation
- Assist team members with evaluating project strategy, reporting effectively on project status, scope, and budget, and provide guidance on solving complex challenges, etc.
- Serve as senior-level advisor to project teams on billable client projects
- Participate in departmental recruiting, hiring, and onboarding activities
- Work with other PMO leadership and project team leaders to ensure projects are appropriately staffed to leverage our team's bandwidth and skillset
- Define and adjust processes to meet current needs and look for ways to improve upon our standards while coaching teams to do the same
- Collaborate with department VP and other leadership team members to find ways of maintaining and improving departmental performance and project delivery
- Lead or participate in strategic internal initiatives and sales activities
- Contribute to our short and long-term capabilities definition and the strategy for the expansion of our team
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience as a Senior Project/Program Manager in a consultancy or similar client services environment, with hands-on experience leading client-facing projects
- Prior people management experience leading a team of direct reports
- Prior experience mentoring, building skills, and identifying desired career paths
- Patient and empathetic in dealing with people; possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to build positive working relationships with direct reports, as well as others throughout the organization; comfortable working with cross-disciplinary teams and with organizations of various sizes
- Displays good judgment and efficient decision making; knows when to call out and/or escalate concerns and risks and accompanies those with potential solutions
- Understands the modern project management landscape and trends; able to actively consult on challenging projects as needed, as well as able to assist direct reports with problem-solving, strategic thinking, and budget/status report reviews
Who we are
Think Company defines and solves business problems for companies across a wide range of industries, from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed, involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our employees—Thinkers—present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and use evidence to make recommendations. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. See examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.