Director, Business Development
- Full Time
- Sales and Business Development
Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
Think Company is looking for a Director, Business Development to join the sales team.
We help organizations be more successful by delivering best-in-class software products, internal/external business applications, data visualization tools, portals/platforms and websites/apps as well as improving communications and workflows that result in positive experiences and impressions.
If you’re passionate about mining and expanding your network through consistent, smart prospecting, networking, and promotion, enjoy guiding your clients to the right solution, and are dedicated to providing the best possible experience to your clients - you may be our ideal candidate.
In all actions, our sales team embodies the Think Company Core Values.
- Establish new client relationships from your personal network - we are looking for someone who thrives on growing their network through diligent prospecting. You don’t need to come in with a robust rolodex, but you do need to want to build one.
- Qualify and close new business from company generated leads
- Drive customer decision-making
- Actively reach out to potential clients via various channels (email, LinkedIn, phone, meeting attendance, etc.)
- Keep CRM tools up to date with accurate data
- Manage the process of estimating deals, creating and pitching proposals/statements of work (SOWs), negotiating terms and securing client signature
- Assist in the negotiation and establishment of Master Service Agreements
- Assist the Controller in ensuring timely payment of invoices
- Work in partnership with Sales Consulting, Client Engagement, and Delivery teams to create, update and maintain account plans for clients
- Work in partnership with Marketing and Lead Generation to provide information critical to strategic direction of campaigns and sales investments, and to execute those campaigns
- Detail oriented, persuasive, and excellent presentation skills
- A firm understanding of the digital product design process and methodologies
- Exceptional client relationship and consulting skills
- Worked with a variety of organizations (sizes, industries, etc)
Skills that will make you successful in this role:
- You’ll get leads here. But if you want to really thrive, you’ll be intrinsically motivated to build and expand your network and introduce us to new clients and industries
- You like to get creative in your prospecting and closing strategies and tactics
- You look beyond what a prospect is asking for and strive to figure out what they need. Then you work with our experts to craft customized solutions to the challenges you’ve uncovered. You don’t have to be an expert in UX design or development, but you do need to be skilled at leading clients through the consultative process
- You exhibit the natural curiosity to understand your clients’ business and politics enough to determine how we can help
- You are skilled at connecting solutions to challenges in a manner that aligns a Think solution with your client’s budget and timeline requirements
- You are capable of driving the sales process, but thrive in bringing in team members to brainstorm, plan, and execute your selling activities
- You keep everyone included and informed throughout the process. If you tend to be a lone-wolf type, you’re going to struggle to be successful.
Who we are
Think Company defines and solves business problems for companies across a wide range of industries, from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed, involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our employees—Thinkers—present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and use evidence to make recommendations. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. See examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.