UX Writer (Contract)
- Part Time
- Mid Level
Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
We are looking for a UX Writer to join our team at Think Company for a part-time engagement.
You should have experience writing exceptional content and a working knowledge of the UX design process. If you love crafting language to enhance a user’s interaction with products and services—and building strong relationships with colleagues and clients—you may be our ideal candidate.
Our UX Writers collaborate with and follow the guidance of other members of our project team (including clients) to craft language that enhances the user’s experience.
- Conduct site content audits or inventories to assess the value, organization, and consistency of existing content
- Craft considered content that adheres to the guidelines developed by senior team members; look for opportunities to enhance those guidelines
- Support the adherence to document style conventions in an effort to help other teams write faster and more consistently
- Write clear and consistent product content
- Support the creation of terminology and navigation hierarchy
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of IA and navigation strategy to tooltips and notifications
- Partner with researchers to test and optimize content
- Support the creation of UX documentation—transaction flows, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models, prototypes, etc.—to communicate concepts and designs
- Direct UX writing experience
- Experience working in a regulated environment is preferred—financial services especially
- Demonstrable understanding of user experience design, journey, and flow
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in writing, copywriting, or UX
- Experience writing microcopy
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated aptitude for technical/systems adoption
- Passion for creating a seamless, frustration-free user experience
Writing samples required. Please send writing samples or link to a portfolio on the application.
Who we are
Think Company defines and solves business problems for companies across a wide range of industries, from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed, involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our employees—Thinkers—present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and use evidence to make recommendations. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. See examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.