Principal UX Researcher
- Contracted to Full Time
Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
Think Company is looking for a Principal UX Researcher to join an established design and research team. As a member of this team, you will help to evolve and refine existing initiatives, while also contributing to the development of future strategic research and design decisions for our client’s line of work.
You should have experience owning major research initiatives, be able to leverage both qualitative and quantitative, generative and evaluative, with the ability to assess research questions at hand, plan a path forward and surface invaluable insights influencing next steps and key decisions, all while partnering with multi-disciplinary teams along the way. You should be confident in providing research guidance to stakeholders, teammates and client teams.
If you love solving problems through an intensely collaborative research and design process—and can communicate those ideas clearly—you may be our ideal candidate. In applying for this job, you should have a strong grounding in foundational design research principles, portfolio pieces demonstrating your ability to plan and execute research for complex systems, and an innate interest in shaping our connected world.
- Work within a client team, owning research responsibilities, being an advocate for research within our client spaces
- Support and guide non-researchers in research best practices and execution
- Ability to identify clear research goals and questions, brining clients along
- Guide clients and product teams on the appropriate research design strategy needed to answer critical questions
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods as well as human-centered design principles
- Conduct simple quantitative analysis and synthesis of data sets
- Work cross-functionally with software development, design, content strategy, data science, and marketing
- Facilitate research debriefs, brainstorming exercises, and/or other workshops that utilize design thinking approaches to fuel ideation and evaluate product design grounded in research findings
- Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways
- Establish user experience research documentation, best practices, techniques, processes and methods for clients
- Prioritize own work, knowing when and what efforts to take on
- Strategic thinker able to work through ambiguity and jump into complex processes, untangle user journeys and identify both short and long term improvement opportunities
- Appropriately engage stakeholders throughout your research process and efforts, bringing them into workshops when needed
- Able to get up to speed in a complex industry quickly
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience researching for complex systems and user experiences
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the UX design field
- Uncommon attention to detail with focus on efficiency
- Proficiency with tools and applications that enable and supplement research efforts in remote environments (usability testing, card sorts, surveys, first click tests, diary studies, etc.)
- Experience in the financial industry
- Bring a growth mindset — comfortable and confident in skillset, but self-aware when knowing to reach out for help
Who we are
Think Company defines and solves business problems for companies across a wide range of industries, from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed, involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our employees—Thinkers—present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and use evidence to make recommendations. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. See examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.