Mid-Level Visual Designer (Contract)
- Mid Level
Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
Think Company is looking for a Mid-Level Visual Designer to join our team for a 12 month engagement.
From studio-based projects for organizations in growth mode to dedicated teams helping Fortune 50 companies replatform, our consultant-designers are essential to our work. On our team, you will help create elegant solutions for our clients’ cutting-edge digital product lines, transforming ideas into a concrete, polished UI.
In applying for this job, you should have a firm grounding in foundational interaction design principles, portfolio pieces demonstrating your ability to design for complex systems, and an interest in shaping our connected world. If you can communicate your ideas clearly and enjoy solving problems through an intensely collaborative design process with clients and colleagues, you may be our ideal candidate.
Traits you bring
- An eagerness and proven ability to design useful experiences developed through 1-3 years of professional experience
- Evidence that you can design within, extend, and maintain a coherent digital product design system
- Attention to design details with a focus on efficiency
- A commitment to working as part of a collaborative team of designers, researchers, and content strategists that rely on a rigorous evidence-based design process
- Ability to communicate your design ideas and process clearly
- Proficiency with tools and applications that support UI design and prototype creation
- An understanding of front-end development and technology
- An understanding of designing for accessibility and a desire to build these skills
- Comfort establishing and maintaining relationships with co-workers and clients
- Client consulting skills, including the ability to present and defend ideas, formulate a case for an initiative, and build trust as an advisor over time
What you’d do:
- Contribute to the creation of beautiful, usable, animated interactive prototypes (using tools like Invision, Figma, Sketch, etc.) to communicate solutions to complex product design challenges
- Build upon scalable and comprehensive design systems for projects
- Work closely with development teams to ensure ideas can be brought to life
- Help define problems and solve them using an evidence-based rationale
- Assist in the synthesis of research findings to develop a coherent project strategy
- Collaborate closely with your project teams and clients to create compelling design solutions for complex products or systems
- Think through UX challenges and create UI solutions that stand up to rigorous testing
- Serve as a valued consultant for our clients, working directly with stakeholders
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user interface and experience design
- Working knowledge of basic UX design and research principles and activities, including user research methods, comparative/competitive analysis, persona creation, etc.
- Experience designing for complex systems or applications on multiple platforms, including mobile
Think Company defines and solves business problems for companies across a wide range of industries, from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed, involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our employees—Thinkers—present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and use evidence to make recommendations. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. See examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.