Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us and DO NOT have permission to contact people on our behalf.
Think Company has been named one of the Best Places to Work by the Philadelphia Business Journal and one of the Top Workplaces by Philly.com!
Think Company is looking for a User Researcher/UX Designer with a strong background in validating interaction design concepts to join an onsite design team. As a member of this team, you will help test assumptions and concepts, aiding in the development of our client's business systems. In applying for this job, you should have a strong grounding in UX research methods and foundational interaction design principles. Your portfolio must demonstrate your ability to ascertain and design relevant research activities, then synthesize and report out on those findings. Your team will be based in New Brunswick, NJ but your on-site time will be limited to less than five days a week. There is a high likelihood of travel, amounting to about 25% of your time.
- Work collaboratively on creative teams
- Lead UX research efforts including needs analyses, usability studies, system assessments, contextual inquiries, user data reviews, and other research activities
- Create deliverables from scratch with little to no oversight, including:
- User research and usability testing scripts and discussion guides
- Competitive landscape and market research efforts
- Requirements documentation
- Clearly and effectively present ideas, research findings, sketches, and other deliverables to clients
- Collaborate effectively with development teams
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Plan for, lead, and participate in creative brainstorming sessions and workshops with clients and internal project teams
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user experience design
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience designing and leading research initiatives across multiple platforms, including mobile
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the UX design or research fields
- Uncommon attention to detail with focus on efficiency
- Track record of driving project work streams and deliverables
- Experience conducting regular stand-ups (ideally for remote teams)
- Strong ability to clearly communicate design ideas to team members and clients in live presentations
- Exceptional client relationship and consulting skills
- Proven ability to create low-fidelity digital prototypes
- Experience working within teams that create and use well-defined visual design systems or pattern libraries
- Comfort and experience working in a fluid and dynamic environments with a willingness to pitch in with a positive attitude
- History of project coordination and execution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of basic principles of visual design and related tools (e.g., Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Experience in the scientific, medical, or pharmaceutical industries
- Interest in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Experience working in design sprints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.