Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us and DO NOT have permission to contact people on our behalf.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team at Think Company in Denver, Colorado.
Think Company is looking for a designer to join an established systems design team. As a member of this team, you will help to evolve and refine existing features and functionality, while also contributing to the development of future strategic design decisions for our client's customer support system. In applying for this job, you should have a strong grounding in foundational interaction design principles, portfolio pieces demonstrating your ability to design for complex systems, and practical experience designing within large, dynamic teams.
Our team is distributed between both Philadelphia and Denver. You will work alongside a senior Think Company Design Lead and client team members in Denver as well as with others (from both Think Company and our client) in Philly. Expect to spent approximately four days a week in the Denver Technology Center (DTC) and one day in our beautiful co-working space in the Golden Triangle neighborhood. Occasional travel between the cities is expected.
- Work collaboratively on creative teams that include both clients and internal colleagues
- Proactively drive work forward, seeking direction when necessary and taking initiative when appropriate
- Design solutions that incorporate modern usability and interaction design practices
- Define the information architecture and interaction design standards to which this system will adhere
- Conduct needs analyses by synthesizing client discussions, system assessments, contextual inquiries, user data, and other research findings
- Create deliverables from scratch with little to no oversight, including:
- Site maps
- Workflow diagrams
- Requirements documentation
- User research and usability testing scripts and discussion guides
- Lead competitive landscape and market research efforts
- Lead UX research and usability testing sessions
- Clearly and effectively present ideas, research findings, sketches, and other deliverables to clients
- Collaborate effectively with development teams
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Lead and participate in creative brainstorming sessions with clients and internal project teams
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user experience design
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience designing for complex systems on multiple platforms, including mobile
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the UX design field
- Uncommon attention to detail with a focus on efficiency
- Track record of driving project work streams and deliverables
- Proven ability to clearly communicate design ideas to team members and clients in live presentations
- Proficiency with tools and applications that support UX deliverables, such as wireframes, prototypes, and flowcharts (e.g., Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision)
- Experience working within teams that create and use well-defined visual design systems or pattern libraries
- Solid understanding of front-end development and technology
- Familiarity with designing for accessibility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Sound compelling? Feel like a match? We’d love to hear from you! To help the process along, tell us a bit about yourself and share some samples of your best design work.
Take a look at our blog and you'll learn that we're a diverse group of designers who love our jobs and have a pretty good time here at work. If you're a talented Experience Designer with a laser focus on the user and work samples that highlight your skills, come think with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.