Mid-Level UX Designer (Contract)
- Mid Level
Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
Think Company is looking for a Mid-Level UX Designer to join our team for a contract engagement starting in January 2022.
Our designers play roles on projects that span a wide array of industries and settings. From studio based projects for organizations in growth mode to onsite teams helping Fortune 50 companies replatform, our consultant-designers play an essential role in helping our client move their business forward. As a member of these teams, you will help execute existing initiatives while also contributing to the development of future strategic design decisions for our clients’ growing product lines. In applying for this job, you should have a strong grounding in foundational interaction design principles, portfolio pieces demonstrating your ability to design for multi-channel experiences, and an innate interest in shaping our connected world.
- Work collaboratively on creative teams that include both clients and internal colleagues
- Design solutions that incorporate modern usability and interaction design practices, including both responsive and device-native strategies
- Conduct needs analyses by synthesizing client discussions, system assessments, contextual inquiries, user data, and other research findings
- Create deliverables from scratch with limited oversight, including:
- Workflow diagrams
- Requirements documentation
- User research and usability testing scripts and discussion guides
- Content inventories
- Content strategy documentation
- Support competitive landscape and market research efforts
- Support UX research and usability testing sessions
- Clearly and effectively present ideas, research findings, sketches, and other deliverables to clients
- Collaborate effectively with development teams
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions with clients and internal project teams
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user experience design
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience designing for complex systems on multiple platforms, including mobile
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the UX design field
- Uncommon attention to detail with focus on efficiency
- Track record of meaningful project work and positive professional experiences
- Strong ability to clearly communicate design ideas to team members and clients in live presentations
- Proficiency with tools and applications that support UX deliverables, such as wireframes, prototypes, and flowcharts
- Experience working within teams that create and use well-defined visual design systems or pattern libraries
- An understanding of front-end development and technology
- Familiarity with designing for accessibility
- Working knowledge of basic principles of visual design and related tools (e.g., Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Experience designing for native mobile (iOS or Android) platforms
Think Company defines and solves business problems for companies across a wide range of industries, from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed, involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our employees—Thinkers—present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and use evidence to make recommendations. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. See examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.