We are looking for a Contract Senior UX Engineer to join our team at Think Company.
Note that this is currently a remote position.
The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable translating designs into accessible, stateful, component-based code, able to discern when to pull from an existing code pattern library versus create new. An in-depth understanding of the modern web development stack -- from npm modules to code bundling and from RESTful APIs to browser rendering – is crucial. You should also be comfortable coding to established standards/conventions, working with code versioning systems, and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Nice-to-haves include experience with design systems, writing test-driven code, experience working in an Agile Scrum environment, and familiarity with container-based virtualization on AWS. (Don't let these scare you off if you haven't done them before!)
No matter your technical and teamwork qualifications, we're looking for someone who happily contributes to documentation, demonstrates attention to detail, has strong communication skills, and aligns with Think Company's core values.
- Be a developer consultant with the ability to work and speak with senior-level individuals at client organizations, even when you don’t know everyone in the room.
- Be a key development strategist for your project, fostering understanding with your internal team but also keeping the client up to date.
- Work with client and vendor teams to understand their methodologies and workflows to better execute the client’s goals in the context of the project.
- Build code pattern libraries, responsive page templates, and single-page web applications from annotated visual designs
- Be an advocate of technology and understand current trends, while also being knowledgeable of future trends.
- Work closely with visual and UX designers, understanding the creative vision and advising on accessible components, technical feasibility, and best practices for optimal user experience.
- Be an empathetic mentor to other Think Company and client developers as they work towards mastery of software development in an enterprise environment.
- Be a thought leader in development, often researching and knowing the latest development trends and methodologies and socializing them with the team.
- Possess a keen ability to craft clear solutions in the face of complex problems.
- Experience with front-end development practices including accessibility, progressive enhancement, cross-browser/platform compatibility, performance; and pre-processors/build tools
- Experience writing project requirements and technical documentation for testing and development.
- Experience with git, svn, or similar version control systems and knowledge of Git Flow methodologies
- The ability to work with many groups within a large organization and understand the key players.
- Knowing when to call out setbacks as risks for a successful delivery.
- Have experience developing with content management systems
- Understand the intricacies of a well-formatted HTML document and CSS.
- Understand how to use current front-end tools such as Babel, ESLint, and Webpack.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our own organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us and DO NOT have permission to contact people on our behalf.