Design Research Lead
- Full Time
Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
We are looking for a Design Research Lead to join our team at Think Company.
You should have experience leading major research and design initiatives, being the client’s primary point of contact, and partnering with multi-disciplinary internal teams. If you love solving problems through an intensely collaborative research and design process with both clients and colleagues — and can communicate those ideas clearly — you may be our ideal candidate.
Our design research leads serve on project teams by leading the creation of research strategies and deliverables, leading Think Sessions, and overseeing other research activities.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Strategize and lead competitive research efforts lead by an appropriate research design strategy needed to answer critical questions
- Incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research approaches into research efforts
- Lead UX research and usability testing sessions
- Lead and conduct simple quantitative analysis and synthesis of data sets
- Command a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design research methods (e.g., usability testing, ethnography, diary study)
- Facilitate research debriefs, brainstorming exercises, and/or other workshops that utilize design thinking approaches to fuel ideation and evaluate product design grounded in research findings with clients and internal project teams
- Clearly and effectively present ideas, research plans, findings, and other deliverables to clients
- Assist with prioritizing research projects by collaborating with market research and other analytics and insights teams
- Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways with team members and senior management
- Assist clients in building research practices and customer feedback touchpoints, enabling a continual improvement design and development environment
- Collaborate with client researchers, designers, stakeholders, and developers to build consensus and support
- Stay up-to-date on current best practices, trends, and technologies in user experience and design research
- Mentor and train team members in the development and practice of user experience research techniques, processes and methods
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience researching for complex systems, services and user experiences
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the design research field
- Extreme attention to detail with a focus on efficiency
- Track record of driving research work streams and deliverables
- Proven ability to clearly communicate research findings and opportunities to team members and clients in live presentations
- Exceptional client relationship and consulting skills
- Proficiency with tools and applications that enable and supplement research efforts in remote environments (usability testing, card sorts, surveys, first click tests, diary studies, etc.)
- Solid understanding of UX design and front-end development and technology
Think Company defines and solves business problems for companies across a wide range of industries, from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed, involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our employees—Thinkers—present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and use evidence to make recommendations. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. See examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.